IRS Licensed Enrolled Agent in Newtown
Top Ten Reasons You Need an EA:
10. Unlike CPAs and attorneys, who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, ALL Enrolled Agents specialize in taxation.
9. Enrolled Agents are subjected to a rigorous background check conducted by the IRS.
8. Enrolled Agents are bound by Circular 230, which gives them limited client privilege in situations where the taxpayer is being represented in cases involving audits and collections matters.
7. Enrolled Agents are required to complete 72 hours of continuing education in taxation to keep them abreast of any and all tax law changes.
6. Enrolled Agents must pass a difficult examination administered by the IRS, which covers taxation of individuals, corporations, partnerships, estates and trusts, procedures and ethics.
5. Only Enrolled Agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in matters of taxation before they represent a taxpayer.
4. Enrolled Agents are authorized to appear in place of the taxpayer at the Internal Revenue Service.
3. Enrolled Agents are the only tax professionals who receive their right to practice from the United States Government.
2. Enrolled Agents are licensed by the federal government.
And the number one reason you should choose and EA:
1. The profession has been regulated by Congress since 1884!